The hang clean is a very effective exercise when training for speed/power and it’s primary function is to really maximize your explosiveness through the hips. Although this exercise is really useful for improving athletic performance, it is very difficult to learn and could take up to months to really get the proper form and technique down.
Nonetheless, here are some tips to get you on the right track:
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Hands slightly outside shoulder width
- Keep the bar close to your body
- Always keep your core tight
- Back should remain straight
- Shrug hard during pull
- Extend violently at the hips
- Shoot your elbows under (elbows should point forward at the catch, not down at the ground)
- Stand up through the heels
Shoutout to @zakevans for all of his hard work this summer as he prepared for another wrestling season at Oregon State University! Good luck bud, see you soon!
POST ?: @training_matrix